Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Good coffee. Good company... in Ottawa!

Bridgehead Coffee is my favourite coffee place around. They're my favourite because A)the coffee is fresh and delicious. B)It's ethical. and C) they prove that you can be both an exceptional product and not destructively corporate AND be financially successful! Whenever I visit Ottawa I always go to Bridgehead. I went there my last visit, wasn't planning on doing a blog about them but then was like - why wouldn't I? They deserve to be written about. I usually just do restaurants but who cares. It's kind of like a restaurant! Change is hard. The reason I bring this up is because BH just started roasting their own beans. Good for them, that's awesome but now they sell them in 3/4 lb. bags and it's inevitably going to be different from before. Maybe better but when you really like something the way it is, it's hard when it changes. I went and had an iced coffee. It was very good. Tastes as good as ever! I also got a date square. Also very good.
I have yet to get their bagged coffee for home but will give it a shot sometime soon. The thing that stands out the most to me about BH is that it uses eco friendly straws and cups!
I don't think that "other" huge coffee place does. You know who I mean... And if they do, they don't advertise it. AND BH uses fairly traded coffee! They are really making an effort to make the world a better place and making an excellent cup of coffee in the process. I am very impressed with Bridgehead. If you're in Ottawa - check them out!!!

No comments: