Thursday, February 3, 2011

Indirect compliment

If you're going to compliment me just do it without anything else added to it that takes away from the compliment. ie. Two girls come up to me after a show and say - "we had to come up to you and tell you that we thought you were hilarious (compliment) ... and we don't think women are funny (insult). The compliment doesn't count because it's coming from a sexist ignorant person. . . I should've said you know I really liked the crowd tonight. I disagree with the other comics when they called you guys stupid. Should've is the operative word. The other girl - "yeah, it's true! So much so that I even texted my friend to tell her that I loved your jokes" (rude again). Texting during any live performance is extremely rude. But a lot of people don't seem to care about that. Texting while driving is dangerous and kills lives. But texting at a comedy show kills dreams.

No comments: